Cowwarr Art Space delivers an exhibition program that demonstrates artistic merit and innovation, with a mix of solo, group, and touring exhibitions from local, State, National & International Artists.
The curatorial team of Carolyn Crossley and Claire Maston welcome proposals from; individual artists, curators for group exhibitions, events or performances. If you are still at the ideas stage, please don't hesitate to contact us. We can also make an appointment to discuss your proposal in person. We are happy to provide confirmation and support letters if required for funding agencies. When you finalise your ideas please use the online application form. (link below) If you have difficulties, please don't hesitate to contact us directly via email on the contact page.
Exhibition Conditions and Costs
- Gallery Commission is 33.3%
- Exhibition Period approximately 8 weeks
- Gallery Hours; Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, 11am-5pm
- Exhibition Costs/Fee currently set at $1000 per exhibition (solo)
- Group exhibition costs will be negotiated depending on size and requirements
- Galley Closed December and July
- graphic design of all online promotion
- eNewsletter distribution to over 500 recipients
- eInvition direct email
- posting on Art Space Web/Facebook
- creation of Facebook Event listing
- insurance public liability and loss/damage, (excess applies to each claim)
- insurance of work while in transit to and from gallery (with all due care taken by the artist)
- promotion and marketing, Press Release to local media, listings, events calendars, newsletters etc.
- standard display equipment and installation
- standard opening event refreshments; nibbles & Artist Bar operates.
- staffing the exhibition
The Exhibitor is responsible for:
- exhibition costs/fee
- digital image, 300 dpi in a timely fashion to meet marketing deadlines (one month)
- logos of any funding or associated organisation if required
- special or additional equipment required for installation and or display at own cost
- non standard opening event refreshments
- transport of work to and from the exhibition
- a full list of works and prices one week prior to exhibition
- clearly labeled worked with title and artist's name
- complying with standard hanging and installation requirements
- making sure the works are not a risk to Art Space visitors or staff
- delivery and collection of works at agreed times
- The exhibitor agrees to give a limited non exclusive Copyright License to the Cowwarr Art Space to reproduce exhibition images in a variety of media and format for publicity and archival purposes.
- works must not infringe upon any third parties' copyright
- If an exhibition has been confirmed a cancellation fee of $100 (Deposit) is due to either party if less than one months notice is given.
The Cowwarr Art Space is a private gallery and has the right to accept or reject applications and has no obligation to explain the decisions.
The Director Carolyn Crossley with the support of the Assistant Gallery Manager Claire Maston have curatorial control over all the exhibitions.