Cowwarr Art Space over a 20 year period has delivered an exhibition program that demonstrates a high quality of artistic merit and innovation, with a mix of solo, group, and touring exhibitions from local, State, National & International Artists.
We welcome proposals from artists, collectives and curators for solo and group exhibitions, events or performances. If you are still at the ideas stage, please contact us to discuss them. We are happy to assist artists and curators to seek funding and can help by provide advice and letters of support. We prefer the applications to be made via the online forms but if you have difficulties, please don't hesitate to contact us directly via the phone, email or by making an appointment to discuss your proposal in person.
The Cowwarr Art Space is a private contemporary gallery and has the right to accept or reject applications and has no obligation to explain the decisions. The Directors of the Cowwarr Art Space, Carolyn Crossley and Clive Murray-white have curatorial control of all exhibitions held at the Cowwarr Art Space.
Exhibition Conditions and Costs
- Gallery Commission is 33.3%
- Exhibition Period approximately 8 weeks
- Gallery Hours; Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, 11am-5pm
- Exhibition Costs/Fee currently set at $1000 per exhibition (solo)
- Group exhibition costs will be negotiated depending on size and requirements
- Galley Closed December and July
- graphic design of all online promotion
- eNewsletter distribution to over 500 recipients
- eInvition direct email
- posting on Art Space Web/Facebook
- creation of Facebook Event listing
- insurance public liability and loss/damage, (excess applies to each claim)
- insurance of work while in transit to and from gallery (with all due care taken by the artist)
- promotion and marketing, Press Release to local media, listings, events calendars, newsletters etc.
- standard display equipment and installation
- standard opening event refreshments; nibbles & Artist Bar operates.
- staffing the exhibition
The Exhibitor is responsible for:
- exhibition costs/fee
- digital image, 300 dpi in a timely fashion to meet marketing deadlines (one month)
- logos of any funding or associated organisation if required
- special or additional equipment required for installation and or display at own cost
- non standard opening event refreshments
- transport of work to and from the exhibition
- a full list of works and prices one week prior to exhibition
- clearly labeled worked with title and artist's name
- complying with standard hanging and installation requirements
- making sure the works are not a risk to Art Space visitors or staff
- delivery and collection of works at agreed times
- The exhibitor agrees to give a limited non exclusive Copyright License to the Cowwarr Art Space to reproduce exhibition images in a variety of media and format for publicity and archival purposes.
- works must not infringe upon any third parties' copyright
- If an exhibition has been confirmed a cancellation fee of $100 (Deposit) is due to either party if less than one months notice is given.